Direct Aid Program (DAP) Manager
The Australian High Commission invites applications for the position of Program Manager. This position is a full time position commencing as soon as possible.
Applicants must be fluent in both English and French (written and spoken).
Duties and responsibilities
Support the implementation of the Australian Aid Program’s activities across West Africa, through management of the Direct Aid Program (DAP) and the Australia NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP).
- Full-cycle program management of the DAP small grants program (sourcing and assessing applications; contracting of successful applications; monitoring and evaluation; managing acquittals).
- Budget Management, including preparing financial estimates, maintaining financial records and analysing/monitoring expenditure.
- Program reporting, including management of all program data and drafting/coordinating briefings and other relevant documents.
- Events management, media relations and public affairs related to the portfolio in order to increase the profile of Australia in West Africa, in partnership with the public affairs team.
- Stakeholder management, including between grantees, beneficiaries, host governments and Australian Government agencies.
- High-level program management skills, including experience in full-cycle grants management. Strong experience in budget management, monitoring and evaluation, contracting and due diligence is particularly valued.
- Advanced understanding of factors relevant to successful aid program implementation, including governance, fraud mitigation, gender & disability inclusion, child protection etc.
- Demonstrated initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving and improving processes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Ability to conduct business effectively with a broad range of clients.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to write program reports, speeches and develop other public relations content.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a relevant position and a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken)
How to apply
Interested applicants should respond in writing with a:
- covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the position they are applying for, including specific examples of demonstrated experience
- Contact details for two professional referees
All documents must be submitted in English.
Applications must be no longer than three (3) pages, including the covering letter. Longer applications will not be considered.
Applicants should be forwarded by email to AccraHC.email@example.com with the applicants name and the position title clearly listed in the subject heading. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
Applications closing date: 5pm Friday 3 August 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.